For all other Lexonik products please visit www.lexonik.co.uk
This privacy statement explains the personal data Lexonik collects through our interactions with you and how we use that data. Lexonik, the brand name of Sound Training for Reading Ltd, is committed to complying with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- we may collect IP addresses for security reasons such as mitigating brute force login threats and malicious activity. These are stored for the minimum time necessary to fulfil this purpose. They are not transmitted to any third party or remote server locations
Reasons for collection
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests
Securing personal data
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your explicit consent or are required by law to do so.
We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You have the choice to ‘opt out’ of any communications from us at any time. The simplest way to do this is to use the ‘opt out’ link in any email from us and we will not contact you again.
Subject Access Requests
If you wish to make a request for ‘personal data’ under the GDPR guidelines, you can either email us at email@example.com or by contacting us via our postal address: Sound Training, Boho Four, Cleveland Street, Middlesbrough TS2 1AY. If you make the request electronically, we will provide the data electronically. Please supply as much detail as possible or complete our ‘data access request form’, which can be obtained by contacting the office, in order that we provide the most relevant information in relation to your request. There is no fee to access your personal data and we will respond within one month from the receipt of the request.
How long is data kept?
To ensure that Sound Training does not hold information in perpetuity, it has set criteria for the deletion of unused data depending on the nature of said data which is in line with GDPR.
Who has access to your data?
In the interests of best customer care, members of the Sound Training teams have access to certain categories of data relevant to the services they provide.
A personal data breach means a breach of security leading to the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure of, or access to, personal data. This includes breaches that are the result of both accidental and deliberate causes.
In the unlikely event of a data breach, Sound Training will follow our strict policy on notification of a breach, involving identification and reporting.
Our appointed data compliance officers will evaluate the risk to individual(s) concerned and the size of the breach. If it is deemed that there is a risk to individual(s) or if the breach affects a large data size, we will notify the ICO within 72 hours. Our data compliance officers can be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phoning +44 1642424298.